So since I’ve been slacking so much recently, I decided I wanted to give this holiday my all. I also noticed that there are a lot of ice cream holidays coming up this month. And, guess what? I have an ice cream maker that I’ve never used! So…I made a vanilla ice cream base and made three different kinds of ice cream out of it (stay tuned for the other flavors later this month).
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- fruit of your choice!
- Add all the ingredients except the fruit to a shallow pan and heat until it starts to slightly bubble.
- Turn off the heat and mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add the fruit.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s directions. Freeze for 3 hours before serving.
My strawberry mixture: