I love zucchini bread! It’s on my top 5 list of favorite foods. I make the best zucchini bread (sorry not sorry). Let’s not waste any time here. My recipe of the best zucchini bread ever:
Zucchini Bread (makes 2 loaves)
3 medium zucchini
1 cup applesauce
1 cup sugar
1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease 2 metal loaf pans.
3. Shred zucchini, measure out 3 packed cups.
4. In a large bowl, whisk applesauce and sugar. Then slowly whisk in vegetable oil and add vanilla. Stir in zucchini.
5. In another large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and beat with a wooden spoon until well blended.
6. Pour batter into 2 prepared loaf pans and rap on counter to settle any air bubbles. Bake for 1 hour 15 mins, or until tester comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then unmold and let cool completely on rack (they will flatten out a bit). Wrap well in aluminum foil and refrigerate or freeze.
*Keep the loaves refrigerated if you’re going to eat them within the week. Refrigerate any extra shredded zucchini (will last no more than a week, otherwise freeze it for future loaves).