Happy Water Day readers! I thought that it would be fun to give you guys some interesting facts about water today. Did you know…
- Water is essential to allowing your kidneys to function properly and filter through all of the non-essentials.
- Approximately 69% of the Earth’s fresh water is trapped in glaciers.
- Water is the only substance found on Earth naturally in 3 forms: solid, liquid, and gas.
- Water can dissolve more substances than any other liquid. It could even dissolve sulfuric acid.
- Determining how much water he/she need per day, can depend on weight, where you live, and your activity levels. Although it is approximated, It is said that men need roughly 13 cups or 3 liters per day, while women need 9 cups or 2.2 liters per day.
You can follow these rules and chart if you would like to get a rough estimate as to how much water you should be drinking just for you!
According to the chart, I definitely need to start drinking way more water! I usually try to drink at least 3-4 bottles of water per day or carry my fancy Contigo water bottle and fill it twice. That means I am only consuming anywhere from 48-67 ounces a day when I should be at around 87 ounces a day! I looked up some ways that drinking more ounces of water per day can be incorporated easily into your every day. Here are some tips I found to help you drink more water each day.
- Carry a decorative water bottle with the ounces listed on it. Make sure to refill it. You will never have to guess how much you are drinking if you know the ounces for sure.
- Keep the water in front of you. If you are constantly staring at it, it will be a reminder to drink more!
- You can always have a time set to drink water. I know they make water bottles with lines saying how much you should have consumed by a certain time. They even make ones with motivational sayings!
- Detox waters are becoming more and more popular. Let’s face it plain water can get boring at times. Try adding different fruits to your water! Here is a list of different infused waters you can try as well.
Needless to say, water is good for your body. It helps aid in digestion and to filter out all of the bad things your body just does not need. Whatever tip you choose, or even if you decide not to choose any, today is the day to try to get those recommended ounces down. Try to make it a challenge! Get up and drink lots of water today.