I usually am not the biggest oatmeal fan because I don’t like the texture, BUT I really like oatmeal things…like cookies and muffins. I so excited about today that I made these muffins two weeks ago. And then I made them again.
I like this recipe because it allows you to use instant oatmeal, which is fun because it can be flavored. I chose maple & brown sugar oatmeal, but you can use any flavor you want.
Look, another real recipe for you:
- 3/4 cup instant oatmeal (about two packages)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Mix together eggs, sugar, oil, and milk.
3. Mix in flour, oatmeal, and baking soda.
4. Pour batter into muffin tin.
5. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
My verdict? These muffins are so good. And so versatile. You can really add basically anything to them and they would be good. I’m thinking maybe I’ll do chocolate chip next time.